Angie gave me the most wonderful surprise! We had talked a few months ago about the possibility that she would be able to come out when the baby was born because her office was going to be closed. I was so excited. But it never came up again, even while they were here over Christmas, so I assumed that it was too close of a trip. Angie called me yesterday (my due date) to see how I was doing. I was so excited to talk to her and then my doorbell rang, several times, so I tell Angie, "I'm seriously going to call you RIGHT BACK! Someone is at my door and apparently I'm not moving fast enough!" I open the door, and there is Angie! Not in New York, but on my doorstep! It was the best thing to happen on the day I was hoping to go into labor (to avoid induction) and instead I was still at home! Best. Surprise. Ever.Well, it seemed to do the trick, or maybe Gabe just wanted to make sure Ang got here before he came, but my contractions started shortly after she left to go see her parents. I had an induction scheduled for the following morning, so we already had arrangements to take the boys to Grandma Ross'. Still not letting myself think I was in labor, we went home and Chris went to bed. I called the hospital and they told me I really shouldn't come in until my contractions were consistently 3-5 min apart, so even though they were pretty hard, they were still about 6-8 min apart, so I stayed home. Finally around Midnight I woke up Chris and told him I was going to lie and say they were 3 min apart because they were really starting to hurt. We got to the hospital and checked in and when the nurse checked me she exclaimed, "Whoa, you are a 9+, let me get the doctor!" Then she said "Are you sure you want an epidural? You're pretty much done already?" ---Thanks but no thanks, I'll go ahead and not feel those contractions anymore ;) Luckily it was a slow night, so the anesthesiologist was available to come and give me a fast acting epidural, which actually made my labor almost stop, which was good because my mom, Angie & Lynsie were still on their way! Everyone made it and Gabe made his debut!
The other perk about Angie being here: she is very talented with a camera, and she came and did a mini session with us in the hospital the next day. I just randomly selected a few because they were all amazing! Thank you Thank you Angie! So glad you made it!







No comments:
Post a Comment